It is the highly evolved specialty of medicine that deals with treating pain using precision-guided injection techniques just like a sci-fi movie to deliver pain-relieving medicine to specific areas of your body. The pain specialists who perform these procedures are trained over years in pain medicine and are board certified. The injections are typically done with X-ray or USG control. It involves blocking nerves to diagnose the exact source of pain.
This helps us plan further management. The injections are also done in the joints for knee and shoulder pains, muscles trigger points and the discs between your spine bones and even spinal joints. The medicines used in the injections could be local anesthetics, corticosteroids, alcohol or phenol. We also use radiofrequency enervation to stun or destroy the nerves carrying pain impulses. Even advanced and refractory trigeminal neuralgia is treated with use of radiofrequency denervation’s with a success rate of above 90 percent.
Many different types of pain problems are treated, but the most common are chronic lower back pain, sciatica, neck pain, knee joint pain, shoulder joint pain and cancer pain. The cancer pain interventions are more palliative in nature and involve permanently blocking the nerve to provide deliverance in the end stages of life. There are around 300 pain interventions that we do when clubbed together for various pain conditions
It is a centre to manage persistent pain conditions. Pains that have lasted for more than 3 months and have made life difficult are managed here. Specialist doctors with a vast experience in pain management work collaboratively with other specialists, to handle various facets of your pain problems. Primus pain management brings in unparalleled expertise in the management of chronic pain conditions including, but not limited to, spinal pain, nerve damage pain, cancer pain, and joint pains(knee, shoulder, etc).
Interventional Procedures Offered At Primus Pain Medicine Centre
- Epidural Injections
- Interlaminar (Midline) Epidural Steroid Injection
- Transformational Epidural Steroid Injection
- Caudal Epidural Injection
- Selective Nerve Root Injections
- Facet Joint Injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation / Neurolysis / Denervation
- Pulsed Radiofrequency Interventions
- Intervertebral Procedures
- Functional Anaesthetic Discography
- Sympathetic Nerve Block and/or Neurolysis
- Stellate Ganglion
- Coeliac Plexus
- Lumbar Sympathetic Plexus Block
- Superior Hypogastric Plexus
- Ganglion Impar
- HIGHLY ADVANCED NEUROMODULATION TECHNIQUES
- Spinal Cord Stimulation for Failed back surgery (Post laminectomy surgery syndrome)
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Sacral Nerve Root Stimulation (OVER FLOW BLADDER)
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Joint Injections
- Bursa Injections (Bursitis)
- Intravenous Medication Diagnostic Infusion
- Trigger Point Injections
- Botox Injections( For Spasticity)
Where you receive your care matters. Primus Hospital is proud of our team and the exceptional care they provide
Patients who have laser therapy may experience less pain, swelling, and scarring than with traditional surgery. We are dedicated to the best and desired results of laser treatment.
Our treatment processor starts from consultation and suggest you laser treatment accordingly. We are here to give excellent experience of laser treatment and care. Feel free to discuss different kinds of issues with our professionals and they provide treatment and suggestions accordingly.
We offer a comprehensive, one-day evaluation. You’ll be seen by all the necessary specialists .