Department of Pulmonary, Sleep and Critical Care at Primus provides comprehensive lung care to patients with lung diseases. We provide integrated and comprehensive services for all respiratory diseases and emergencies round-the-clock. We provide integrated and comprehensive services for all respiratory diseases and emergencies round-the-clock. Our dedicated staff comprises of expert Pulmonologists with extensive experience obtained in India’s most prestigious academic institutions, supported by respiratory therapists, technicians and well-trained professional nurses. It is well-equipped to provide high-class out-patient and in-patient and critical care for patients with common diseases such as bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, pneumonias, sleep apnea, interstitial lung diseases, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hypertension as well as rarer and uncommon diseases of the respiratory system. The department also provides management facilities for pulmonary problems frequently associated with other systemic diseases including cardiovascular and neurological.
The state-of-art infrastructure available includes Bronchoscopy (fibreoptic and EBUS) and Thoracoscopy, Respiratory Intensive Care, Pulmonary Function Laboratories, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Unit, Allergy Testing facility, screening for sleep disorders, smoking cessation.
Interventional Pulmonology( Adults)- This is a super subspecialty of Pulmonology where minimally invasive procedures are carried out to diagnose and treat a range of lung disorders using advanced bronchoscopy and thoracoscopic techniques.
- EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound) for assessing mediastinal diseases
Medical Thoracoscopy (Pleuroscopy) for pleural diseases
– Pleural Biopsy
– Broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL)
– Bronchial brushings
– Endobronchial Biopsy
– Transbronchial lung biopsy (TBLB)
– Transbronchial needle aspiration (TBNA)
– NIV Bronchoscopy in hypoxemic patients
– Bronchoscopy in ICU patients
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- USG / CT scan guided interventional thoracic procedures
Non-invasive Pulmonology – It involves the diagnosis and management of a range of pulmonary diseases related to pulmonary medicine including difficult, systemic and auto-immune disorders. Moreover, it also encompasses Interpretation of pulmonary function tests including management of lung volumes and diffusion capacity.
- Spirometry (with & without bronchodilator reversibility)
- Diffusion Capacity of lung (DLCO)
- Lung Volumes Helium Dilution
- Six minute walk test
- Pre & post-exercise Oxymetry
- Respiratory muscle tests
- Exhaled nitric oxide test for assessment of asthma control
- Lung Ultrasound
- 64 Slice High resolution CT scanner
We provide specialized Pulmonary Critical Care for acute life threatening respiratory diseases backed by a modern cutting edge technology.
- Advanced mechanical ventilators (invasive and non-invasive) Advance cardiac and vital monitoring systems
- Latest life resuscitative units for immediate life support
- Ultrasound guided central venous and arterial catheterization for hemodynamic monitoring
- Ultrasonography for point of care assessment
- Bedside Dialysis, Echocardiography
Here we deal with snoring, insomnia, excessive sleepiness and psychosomatic sleep related disorders along with the treatment of sleep related disorders like obstructive sleep apnea and obesity hypoventilation using CPAP and BIPAP devices.
- Nocturnal oximetry
- Screening for respiratory sleep disorders
- Physical training, breathing exercises
- Postural drainage
- Incentive spirometry
- Smoking Cessation
- Yoga for the lungs
We’re one of the few places in the nation where pulmonologists and cardiologists join forces to control pulmonary diseases, which can affect your lungs and your heart. Your treatment team may also include pulmonary rehabilitation specialists.
Our pulmonologists have experience treating every stage of your disease. They partner with radiologists, cardiologists, pathologists, rehab specialists, and other professionals to develop a treatment plan that’s tailored to your needs.
Imaging tests and minimally invasive procedures are the best way for you to get the right treatment at the right time and the best possible outcome. Only large heart centers like Primus have the most up-to-date technology and credentialed, certified heart specialists who make treatment recommendations based on what they see.
Studies show that major medical centers like ours that treat high volumes of patients achieve better results -- including fewer complications, faster recovery, and better long-term survival rates.
Dr S K Chhabra
9 A.M to 5 P.M
Dr. Rahul Roshan
9 A.M to 5 P.M