Few men want to talk about their sexual problems, and many don’t seek treatment despite the relief it can bring.
Often, sexual problems that affect men can be effectively treated with medication, psychological counseling, mechanical aids, and surgery. If you have erectile dysfunction (ED), Peyronie's Disease, premature ejaculation, low libido, or other low testosterone-related conditions ( low T), we can help. Our men’s health specialists ensure you understand the cause of your sexual problem and how to manage it when it occurs. Our goal is to help you have a healthy sex life, improve your sense of well-being, and your peace of mind.
Men‘s health: Your penile health is the gateway to your heart!!
Men’s health comes under the category of Andrology, which is a subspecialty of urology. It deals with the treatment of diseases diagnosed with male sexuality that affects the overall well being ( For example, male fertility, erectile dysfunction and andropause in the ageing male that can be treated at the best erectile dysfunction clinic in India.
Erectile Dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction also known as impotence is the failure to attain and keep an erection required for a successful sensual intercourse.
- It can be transient or persistent.
- Tenacious ED needs a thorough evaluation.
- An early incipience of ED might be a sign of a dormant health condition that requires treatment and a risk factor for cardiac disorders from the best urologist in India.
- Most of the men suffering from ED are ashamed of talking about their problems and thus ignore them.
- Sometimes, to treat an underlying condition is all you need to reverse erectile dysfunction!
Andropause: Andropause, also known as male menopause is the age-related variations in male hormone (testosterone) levels. The symptoms of this condition can be
- Reduced sex drive.
- Mood swings/hot flashes/Lack of energy
- Loss of stamina/strength or muscle mass.
- As men tend to reach the age of 40, testosterone levels decline about one per cent in a year.
Our approach is holistic in identifying the problem and applying the algorithmic strategy for tackling ED by the best urologist in India.
- Oral medication
- Testosterone replacement therapy
- Surgical interventions
- Penile prosthesis
- Infertility strikes around 1 out of every 6 couples..
- Male infertility is accountable for almost 30% of all infertility cases
- Male infertility alone estimates to around one-fifth of all cases of infertility.
Male infertility occurs as a result of
- Abnormal Sperms l(short life/low mobility)
- Low number of sperm
- Ejaculation issues
- Premature ejaculation
Causes of sperm abnormalities:
- Swollen veins in the scrotum also known as varicocele
- Abnormally developed testicles
- Inflammation in the testicles
Vasoepididymal anastomosis (VEA) for treating blockage (obstructive azoospermia).
Microsurgical repair of varicocele(MVL)
TURED ( Transurethral resection of the ejaculatory duct) for ejaculatory duct obstruction
Where you receive your care matters. Primus Hospital is proud of our team and the exceptional care they provide
We develop personalized treatment plans that take into account your age and lifestyle. Together we choose the best option for you.
We are one of just a handful of hospitals in Delhi with an enhanced recovery program that adheres to guidelines to keep you healthier and get you back to the comfort of home sooner. This program is designed to reduce your in-hospital time and lessen the chance of complications, as well as monitor your need for pain medication and fluid levels for digestion.
We offer a comprehensive, one-day evaluation. You’ll be seen by all the necessary specialists - a Urologist, Uro-Oncologist and Nephrologist.
9 A.M to 5 P.M
Dr. Prem Prakash Varma
9 A.M to 5 P.M
Dr. Saurabh Mittal
9 A.M to 5 P.M
The bladder is an elastic, hollow organ in the pelvic region that collects urine before it moves out from the body during urination, because of this role, it makes the bladder an essential part of the urinary tract.
The bladder, just as the any other part of the urinary tract, is lined with a band of cells known as urothelium. This layer of cells is secluded from the bladder wall muscles called muscularis propria, by a thin, fibrous band known as lamina propria.
Bladder cancer is the abnormal growth of healthy cells in the bladder lining that grows excessively and out of control, forming a mass called a tumour.
A tumour is of two types malignant and benign.
- A malignant or a cancerous tumour means it can grow and expand to join other body parts.
- A benign tumour grows but does not spread to other body parts.
- Urothelial carcinoma(most common). is the most common type of cancer that estimates for about 90% of all bladder cancers. This type of bladder cancer develops in the urothelial cells that are found in the lining of the urinary bladder. Earlier, this cancer was known as transitional cell carcinoma(TCC).
- Squamous cell carcinoma. in response to irritation and inflammation squamous cells develop in the bladder lining (like patients on prolong catheterization). With time these cells become malignant. About 2-4% of all bladder cancers are squamous cell carcinoma.
- Adenocarcinoma. About 2% of all bladder cancers are adenocarcinomas that develops from epithelial cells.
- Bladder cancer is also defined as muscle-invasive, and non-muscle-invasive depending on whether it has spread into or through the muscle of the bladder wall.
- The stage refers to the location of cancer or to the place where it has developed, and whether it is affecting other parts of the body.
- There are 5 stages of any cancer stage 0 (zero) and stages I to IV (1 through 4). The tumour is also given a grade, that defines how much healthy cancer cells look like when viewed under a microscope.
The treatment of bladder cancer depends on various factors such as grade, type and stage, of a tumour; potential side effects; and the patient’s decisions considering the overall well-being.
This type of cancer is normally fully removed during a procedure called transurethral bladder tumour resection (TURBT).
The urologist may recommend additional treatments to reduce the risk of a recurrence, such as chemotherapy delivered through a catheter or immunotherapy.
- MIBC treatment involves surgical intervention for removing the complete bladder & nearby lymph nodes. This process is also called radical cystectomy.
- The urologist will make way for passing urine out of the body, known as urinary diversion. Talk to the best urologist in Delhi about all treatment options.
- Biopsy it is the removal or obtaining of a tissue sample after examining under a microscope by a pathologist to check the growth of cancer cells
- Catheter Catheter is a hollow tube that is put through the urethra for draining the urine or for delivering drugs for intravesical chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy The method of cancer treatment is extensively used for killing cancer cells
- Cystoscopy Treatment Method where a urologist places a small, hollow viewing tube known as cystoscope into the urethra for viewing into the bladder.
- Immunotherapy The use of materials made either by the body or in a laboratory to improve, target, or restore immune system function
- Metastasis Metastasis refers to the spreading of cancer from its point of origin to another part of the body
- Prognosis Chance of recovery
- Radiation therapy The use of high-energy x-rays to destroy cancer cells
- Tumor An unusual growth of body tissue is called a tumor.
- TURBT(transurethral resection of bladder tumour) Procedure that removes the tumor with a small wire loop, a laser, or high-energy electricity
- Urologic oncologist A Urologic Oncologist is a doctor who specializes in treating cancers of the urinary tract.