The department of Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences at Primus is an integrated psychological wellness care unit that provides clinical assessment and treatment for people with psychological and behavioural problems across all age groups.
Our team comprises of psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, counseling psychologists, psychoanalytical psychotherapists, special educators and occupational therapists. We provide mental health care for patient including individual, family, and couples. We aspire at improving the emotional and psychological well-being of our patients by providing effective, integrated mental health services with compassion, dignity and respect.
Our Services include –
Emotional instability like any physical ailment seeks care and treatment. Our specialty psychiatric services include:
- Pharmacotherapy: De-addiction treatment for alcohol, nicotine and substance abuse.
- Individual counselling.
- Premarital counselling.
- Career counselling.
- Marital therapy and family therapy.
Child and juvenile services:
- Learning difficulties.
- Sleeping and eating problems.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Conduct problems: aggressive, defiant, truanting, and destructive behavior.
- Fearful separation anxiety.
- Autistic spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Depressive disorders.
- Drug abuse dependence.
- Sexual deviant behavior.
- Anxiety Disorders: phobias, generalized anxiety disorders, panic attacks, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Dissociative Disorder.
- Mood disorders: Depression, bipolar affective disorder, and dysthymia.
- Psychotic disorders: Schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorders, and delusional disorder.
- Sleeping and eating disorders: bulimia, and anorexia nervosa.
- Sexual disorders.
- Substance abuse.
- Gender identity disorders.