Dr. Ashish Saini is an MBBS and MS (Surgery) from the prestigious King George Medical College Lucknow. He is trained in Urology (M.Ch) from Apex premier institute AIIMS ( All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi. He joined his Alma Mater as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at AIIMS .He gained a rich experience of 9 years working in AIIMS. The entire experience at AIIMS was enriching and there he performed more than 5800 urology surgeries before venturing into private practice. He trained in doing all kinds of complex Urology Surgeries like Uro Oncology and Reconstructive Urology, Robotic Surgery and Neurology and Minimally Invasive Surgery. After a successful tenure in Rg hospital Dr Ashish Saini has moved his practice to Primus Super Speciality hospital , Chanakyapuri, Delhi and is currently working there as Director and Head of the department of Urology .
Dr Saini has contributed immensely to research and academics and has published more than 30 pub med indexed publication and authored numerous chapters in urology and surgery books.
He was awarded Prof B G Prasad Gold Medal for highest marks during MBBS. He was awarded the coveted Dr. GR Chawla Gold Medal for being the best Resident in urology in AIIMS in 2010. Dr Saini was trained in robotics and minimally invasive surgery under renowned Dr. Inderbir Gill at USC (University of Southern California Los Angeles) and UCLA(under Dr. Shlomo Raz ). He was awarded by Urological society of India as AUA (American Urological Association) resident Scholar in 2010, JUA(Japanese Urological Association ) 2015 fellowship in Renal Transplant under Prof. Nakagawa, Kagoshima, Japan and Pride of India award 2016.
- Laparoscopic Urology and Robotics
- Reconstructive urology
- Renal transplant
Awards And Honours:
- MBBS- King George Medical College (KGMC), Lucknow (Gold Medalist)
- Masters Surgery (M.S.)- King George Medical College(KGMC),Lucknow
- MCh (Urology)- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, (AIIMS) New Delhi (Ranked No.1 medical college in India for past several decades)
- DNB (Urology)- Diplomat of National Board
Masters of surgery, MS (General Surgery Residency):
- Awarded Prof. BG Prasad Gold medal for obtaining highest number of marks in the final professional part –I MBBS Exam 2002
- Book prize for securing Second position in MBBS second professional Exam 2001
- Book prize for securing first position in MBBS final professional part -I Exam 2002
- Book prize for securing second position in MBBS final professional part -II Exam 2003
- Silver medal & certificate of honors in social and preventive medicine
- Silver medal & certificate of honors in microbiology
- Certificate of honors in pathology
- Certificate of honors in pharmacology
- Certificate of honors in ophthalmology
- Certificate of honors in ENT
- Certificate of honors in pediatrics
- Certificate of honors in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Certificate of honors in Surgery
Super Specialisation (Magister chirurgiae, MCh) (Urology Residency):
- Awarded best resident award for recognition of excellence in academic, clinical, research performance in residency period in 2007.
- Thesis on “Clinicopathological Evaluation of BPH and Carcinoma Prostate with Metabolic Characterization of Prostate Tissue with High Resolution Magic Angle Spinning Proton NMR”: Selected as the best thesis for the year 2006 in the department of surgery and sent for the best thesis award at UPASICON 2006
- Awarded medha patkar’s certificate of appreciation.
Faculty (Assistant Professor of Urology, AIIMS):
- Awarded GR Chawla Gold medal for best resident in Urology 2010
- CMC LUDHIANA BEST POSTER FIRST PRIZE “Isolated ureteric metastasis from adenocarcinoma of prostate masquerading as transitional cell carcinoma” IN NORTH ZONE USI held at Amritsar Oct 2009
- Selected as American Urological Association RESIDENT SCHOLAR 2010 and attended AUA annual meeting at Sanfrancisco in May 2010
- Observership at University Of Southern California Los Angeles - under Dr Inderbir Gill in June 2010
- Observership at University College of Los Angeles- under Dr Shlomo Raz in June 2010
- Chandigarh Best Video session (Second Prize) for “Robotic Assisted Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection: Initial experience” at USICON Jan 2012(Bangalore)
- Selected for International Forum for Young Urologist (IFFU) Beijing, China 2012
- JUA (Japanese Urological Asociation) fellowship in Renal Transplant in Year 2015 under Prof. Nakagawa, Kagoshima Japan
- Reviewer of Indian Journal of Urology,Urologia Internationalis and International Journal of Urology
- Urological Association of Asia Urology Youth fellowship 2016 at Singapore