Dr. Vijay Chandra graduated from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, he has a rich and varied experience of over 35 years. He has spent over 12 years in USA studying and teaching at University of Illinois, Johns Hopkins University and National Institutes of Health. He is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Vijay Chandra was the Regional Advisor- Mental Health, World Health Organization and was responsible to improve clinical services for mental and neurological disorders and substance abuse in 11 countries of South-East Asia. Dr. Chandra was felicitated and presented the “Princess Mental Health Award” by Her Royal Highness, Princess Galyani Vadhana (Princess of Thailand) for creating effective mental health services in South-East Asia. He has also imparted trainings and lectures to a number of clinical fellows in the USA and was awarded the “ Golden Apple”.
- Memory disorders
- General neurology
- Prevention and management of strokes.
- MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins University ,Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- Residency in Neurology from University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
- Certified by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (equivalent to DM Neurology)
- American Academy of Neurology
- American College of Epidemiology
Awards and Honours:
- National Scholarship of the Ministry of Education of the Government of India (given to the first 50 students in whole of India) for outstanding performance in the Indian School Certificate examination
- Placed on the Merit List of the University of Delhi (top 10 students in the entire University) for outstanding performance in the Premedical examination.
- Faculty Roll of Honor for teaching excellence,University of Illinois, Chicago, USA.
- Golden Apple award for the Best Teacher, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA.
- Princess Mental Health Award,Presented by Her Royal Highness, Princess Galyani Vadhana of Thailand for creating mental health services in rural and remote areas in South-East Asia.
- International Publications 25 Papers
- National Publications 60 Papers