PRIMUS INSTITUTE MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY
Get back to work faster
Minimal access surgery (MAS) refers to a specialized form of surgery that allows surgeons to operate without making large incisions as are done in traditional (open) surgery. As MAS is carried out with the help of tiny incisions, patients have less postoperative pain, spend shorter time in the hospital and recover significantly faster than after open surgery. Today, experts can perform almost 70% of abdominal operations using MAS.
Minimal access surgery offers several benefits
• Less pain
• Quick recovery
• Better cosmesis
• Shorter hospital stay
• Fewer complications
• Better clinical outcome
• Early return to work
Minimal Access Surgery : A Revolution in surgical procedure
• Minimal Access Surgery (MAS) introduced a revolution in surgical practice ever since its introduction in the field of medicine .
• MAS is the first line and predominant technique used for the majority of pelvic surgical procedures.
• It is a surgical approach or technique that can be applied to all of the recognized surgical subspecialties like gynaecology urogynaecology, reproductive medicine, gynaecological oncology, as well as most, if not all, of benign gynaecological surgery.
• It is the best type of surgery for procedures for Nervous System, Reproductive Systems, Pancreatic Surgery, Removal of CBD Stones, Weight Loss Surgeries and a lot other areas like cardiomyotomies, splenectomies, nephrectomies, adrenalectomies, bowel surgery, thyroid / parathyroid surgery, vascular surgery, pyelolithotomy, ureterolithotomy, thoracoscopic procedure, Bariatric surgery (morbid obesity surgery), etc.
Advantages of Minimal Access Surgery
Advantages like reducing Blood Transfusion requirements, Operative Trauma aiding Faster Recovery & Rehabilitation bestow Minimally Invasive Surgeries. Such surgeries also cause Less Pain, Scarring & reduce the incidence of post surgical complications and also keep intact the cosmetic appear of the body. MAS at Primus includes Procedures for Nervous System, ENT (Ears Nose Throat), Thorax, Abdomen, Urinary Tract, Reproductive Systems, Joints
• Diagnostic Endoscopy
• Therapeutic Endoscopy: Endoscopic Treatment of Bleeding in GI Ulcers, Varices & Polyps
• Nissen Fundoplication
• Hepatobilliary Surgery
• Pancreatic Surgery
• Tranuretal Resection of Prostrate (TURP)
• Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy (PCNL)
• Laproscopic Cholecystectomy (Gall Bladder Removal)
• Sleeve Gastrectomy
• Laproscopic Adjustable Gastric Bending
Primus aims to extend the technical progress and advanced research to expand the Minimal Access Advantage to every needy patient who is desirous of its technical and physiological benefits.
Bariatric surgery helps these patients lose weight and maintain excess weight loss, which ameliorates life threatening associated morbid conditions like diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease and obstructive sleep apnoea.